About Me with some visuals ;-)
I’ve decided to compile a visual profile…I understand that reading can become a bit blah…:-) so here it is. Some of my work, achievements and accolades.
- Multiple Award Cook-off winner
- Vegetarian recipe columnist
- Vegetarian recipe developer
- Food blogger
- Special Feature Meat Free Monday’s ; Guest vegetarian chef on Lotus FM (Life n Style)
- My Special Quorn Vegan Feature on Eastwave FM providing product knowledge and my Quorn Vegan recipes live on air.
How it all started…I found that vegetarians are always side lined and under catered for. The lack of or should I say the disinterest some people take into preparing vegetarian food is totally evident in the meals they put out there. Over the years I have learnt that the disinterest also stemmed from that lack of varieties or awareness of vegetarian food. Hence my purpose and mission was born.
I am a vegetarian for 19 years and for the past 15 years I have been actively promoting vegetarian food by providing vegetarian options to people who would like to have a veggie meal. (Note I am not trying to convert people to vegetarianism – I am merely providing a veggie option:-) I have the ability to convince the most discerning palates to enjoy my vegetarian meals.
My passion for food and my style of cooking has led me to the winning podium in many competitions, gaining the title of the Curry Queen, The Meat Free Marvel Winner and S.A’s Savvy Vegetarian I find that this is a wonderful platform to show case my talent as well as getting the spotlight to shine on my vegetarian dishes.
I cook to inspire and be inspired….Welcome to Videhi’s Veggietable 🙂
This site is also dedicated to everyone who wishes to include a veggie meal into their lifestyles. “Videhi Making Veggie Days Happy Days”
- On the panel of judges – POST|Fry’s Curry Cook-Off – 2016
- Special Feature: Guest Vegetarian Chef –on Lotus FM – Life n Style (with Shirdika Pillai and Enrico Pillay) promoting Meat Free Mondays – March 2016 –
- Fresh Living October 2015 Reader Recipe Winner – Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Coriander & Basil Pesto
- Vegetarian Recipe Supplement Published by The POST 09 September 2015 – Veg out with The Savvy Vegetarian (this one is close to my heart and my favourite)
- Intacook 1st prize winner in the Meat Free Marvel Category
My Winning Meat Free Marvel Creation and some Instacook action.
- Won the first prize in the Expresso SABC 3/PnP Curry cook-off, making me the national 1stprize winner. This prestigious event was held at the Pick n Pay Good Food Studios in Sandton. Finalists were chosen one from every region of which I represented Gauteng. My vegetarian dish took top honours beating all non-veg dishes. So loved this one:-) Hit link to view video http://youtu.be/gNiquTTpsFg
Me with Zola Nene SABC3 Expresso Chef
With Hilary Biller Sunday Times Food Weekly Editor
With Arun Jairath owner of Raj Indian Restaurants
Esteemed Judges: Arun Jairath, Dani Issacs, Zanele Masuku, Hilary Biller & Zola Nene
- Column in the Sunday Times Food Weekly featured over a couple weeks“Videhi’s Spice Route”
I’ve just loaded a few 😉
Introduction to Sunday Times Food Weekly. I’ve added a just a few 🙂
Aaaah these little beauties are just absolutely delicious as well as nutritious …
- Demonstrated my recipes which feature in Sunday Times Food Weekly on ExpressoSABC 3 every Friday for a month, below are the links
Small brinjal curry
Mix Vegetable Medley
Spicy Curried Pasta
- Vegetarian Recipes feature on Expresso SABC3/Pick n Pay website
- Vegetarian Column/Recipes – The Post Newspaper
…these files are just way to huge to upload all of them 😉
- Vegetarian Column/Recipes – The Rising Sun – Lenasia & Fordsburg
- Vegetarian Column/Recipes – Impressions Magazine
- On the panel of Judges for Mrs India S.A. beauty pageant
- Another of my crowning glories was winning the title Mrs Personality 2010 in the Mrs India S.A. Beauty pageant
- 1stprize in, The Post real Curry competition Gauteng regional finals in 2009.
- Winning 2ndplace in table set and best food presentation in 2011 in the Post Real Curry Competition
Please Note: NO RECIPE OR FOOD PICTURES MAY BE PUBLISHED IN ANY NEWSPAPER OR MAGAZINE WITH OUT THE PERMISSION OF VIDEHI SIVURUSAN