I am a vegetarian for 20 years and for the past 15 years I have been actively promoting vegetarian food by providing vegetarian options to people who would like to have a veggie meal. (Note I am not trying to convert people to vegetarianism – I am merely providing a veggie option:-) (I have the ability to convince the most discerning palates to enjoy my vegetarian meals.)
My Purpose and Mission
My passion for food and my style of cooking has led me to the winning podium in many competitions, gaining the title of the “Curry Queen”,” The Meat Free Marvel Winner” and “S.A’s Savvy Vegetarian”. I find these competitions are a wonderful platform to show-case my talent, as well as to get the spotlight on my vegetarian dishes.
I cook to inspire and be inspired….Welcome to Videhi’s Veggietable 🙂
Work, achievements and accolades.
- Multiple Award Cook-off winner
- Vegetarian recipe columnist
- Mrs India S.A. Judge
- Vegetarian recipe creator
- Food blogger
- Special Feature Meat Free Monday’s ;
- Guest vegetarian chef on Lotus FM (Life n Style)
- My Special Quorn Vegan Feature on Eastwave FM providing product knowledge and my Quorn Vegan recipes live on air.
- I encourage one Meat Free Meal by sharing my recipes on air
- Instacook 1st prize winner in the Meat Free Marvel Category
- Won the first prize in the Expresso SABC 3/PnP Curry cook-off, making me the national 1st prize winner. This prestigious event was held at the Pick n Pay Good Food Studios in Sandton. Finalists were chosen one from every region of which I represented Gauteng. My vegetarian dish took top honours beating all non-veg dishes.
- Column in the Sunday Times Food Weekly featured over a couple weeks “Videhi’s Spice Route”
- Demonstrated my recipes which feature in Sunday Times Food Weekly on Expresso SABC 3 every Friday for a month.
- Vegetarian Recipes feature on Expresso SABC3/Pick n Pay website
- Vegetarian Recipe Columnist – The Post Newspaper
- Vegetarian Column/Recipes – The Rising Sun – Lenasia & Fordsburg
- Vegetarian Column/Recipes – Impressions Magazine
- Another of my crowning glories was winning the title Mrs Personality 2010 in the Mrs India S.A. Beauty pageant
- 1st prize in, The Post real Curry competition Gauteng regional finals in 2009.
- Winning 2nd place in table set and best food presentation in 2011 in the Post Real Curry Competition
How it all started
I found that vegetarians are always side-lined and under-catered for. The lack of, or should I say disinterest, some people have in preparing vegetarian food is totally evident in the meals they put out there. Over the years I have learnt that the disinterest also stemmed from that lack of variety and awareness of vegetarian food. Hence my purpose and mission was born.
This site is also dedicated to everyone who wishes to include a veggie meal into their lifestyles.
“Videhi Making Veggie Days Happy Days”